Have you tried natural cures for fibromyalgia or are you relying on medical practices? If you are suffering with fibromyalgia, then it’s not necessary to rehash for you everything you already know about how debilitating this condition is. My intent here is to expand upon why you need to take natural cures for fibromyalgia seriously.
Life without Natural Cures for Fibromyalgia
1. The thought of relying on medications to treat my fibromyalgia symptoms doesn’t sit well with me. Have you seen the television commercials promoting certain medications these days? I don’t know what’s worse, my symptoms from fibromyalgia or the side effects of the drugs used to treat them. The commercial always portrays a better life from using a particular drug, then it provides a lengthy list of side effects. They include: lightheadedness, blurry vision, weight gain, sleepiness, difficulty concentrating, swelling of hands and feet, dry mouth, and feeling high. Now these are listed as the most common side effects. Let us not forget you need to seek urgent medical attention should you encounter swelling of your face, mouth, lips, gums, tongue, or neck, trouble breathing, rash, hives, or blisters. While we’re noting potential hazards, do not get behind the wheel of a car, operate machines, or participate in any activity that may involve risk until you know how you react to your medicine. You may also experience suicidal thoughts, increased depression, or unusual changes in your mood and behavior. Since there are so many potential side effects, wouldn’t it make sense to question what in the world are we putting into our body in the first place?
2. Often times choosing to get started with medications can create a snowball effect. It is not uncommon for people to begin taking a certain medicine, and soon they find them self needing multiple prescriptions. The first few drugs were given for an actual condition, but the rest were prescribed to counteract the side effects from the first drugs. Before you know it, you can’t remember what symptoms are related to your condition and what symptoms are results of the drugs you take. How do you really know if what you are taking is safe? How much do you know about the long term health risks involved with certain drugs? Are you depending on your physician for that information? Before you answer those questions, reflect on how many times you’ve seen prescriptions being pulled off the market. Even worse, reading about cases where medications were prematurely given approval, although studies deemed them to be unsafe has also happened.
Why Consider Natural Cures For Fibromyalgia?
Making the decision to choose natural cures for fibromyalgia is really a decision to choose health over sickness. Making a decision to focus on health means you work towards balancing your body by giving it what it needs and requires. You are choosing to focus on prevention rather than treating symptoms. Most medicines are not designed to cure; they are designed to manage symptoms. Since medications obviously won’t cure fibromyalgia, wouldn’t it seem more logical to pinpoint the reason for your pain and solve the problem, even though it might take some trial and error with natural solutions?
With my own personal study of natural cures for fibromyalgia, I found research regarding the “Blue Zones” to be quite beneficial. If you’re not familiar, blue zone are places where the inhabitants are living longer and healthier lives than most of the worlds population. You’ll discover they are not living better because their medicine cabinet is filled with drugs. Another fact is that the people don’t live on processed or convenience foods. You’ll also find fibromyalgia is not commonplace among these areas, as it is in the US.
Why Do Natural Cures For Fibromyalgia Work?
Since there are still no conclusive studies available for the cause of fibromyalgia, you will always read conflicting information. Some say it is inflammatory, while others claim it is not.. Is it related to a vitamin or mineral deficiency or is it related to something neurological?. What I can tell you from my experience, is that my fibromyalgia symptoms were completely related to my diet and lifestyle. Furthermore, when I focused more on health and prevention, my symptoms disappeared. Since there is no single common denominator among fibromyalgia patients, it is logical to me to address the areas of deficiency for people first, which is why I believe natural cures for fibromyalgia are so effective.
Natural Cures for Fibromyalgia that Triggered My Recovery
1. Supplements with anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation presses on nerves causing pain and is your body’s natural defense against injury, but doesn’t it make sense to eliminate this as a possible source of your pain?.
2. Consume enough antioxidants. Antioxidants in basic terms, helps to reduce the natural effects of oxidation in our bodies which leads to disease and premature aging. Oxidation damages our cells, giving disease an open door to flourish, not to mention advancing the age of our body more rapidly, so adding an antioxidant helps in your defense against this process. You can do more research and learn about how ORAC relates, so you can choose the best antioxidant.
3. Omega 3 Fatty Acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are needed by the body, and the only way to get them is by consuming them. If you don’t consume a diet rich in fish and nuts, you need to supplement. Omega 3 is beneficial for the prevention of various diseases such as heart disease, cancer, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions. It is also linked to better mood and brain function.
4. Take a multivitamin. Choosing the right vitamins is essential to restoring the balance within the body, because you need to ensure you are absorbing what you need, and not absorbing what you don’t. The majority of people are consuming foods completely devoid of the valuable nutrients our bodies need, which is why taking a supplement is paramount to natural cures for fibromyalgia.
5. Drink plenty of good quality water. Adequate hydration is vital to our health. Chronic dehydration is a bigger problem than you may think, and is linked to the onset of many types of chronic conditions and diseases. You should be drinking at least half of your body weight in ounces per day. My personal water source is ionized alkaline water since it contains natural minerals, better absorption, adjustable pH, and is antioxidant rich.
Natural Cures for Fibromyalgia Requires Lifestyle Changes
Besides using supplementation as your natural cures for fibromyalgia, you should also eat better and get plenty of exercise. A person’s health can’t flourish by taking vitamins and then ordering a burger and fries from your local fast food joint on a regular basis. Adequate exercise isn’t for the purpose of vanity, it is an essential ingredient to being successful with improving your health. It is my absolute belief that we can significantly reduce the number of people suffering from this condition if we simply educate them about natural cures for fibromyalgia. This goes beyond theory personally. I know because I am a walking testimony and have been pain free for almost a decade!
This article is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or make any specific claims, it is simply an expression of my personal opinion and testimony.